Skin graft and donor site before and after two treatments
ScarWork is not a new technique having been used since 1973 when it was developed by Sharon Wheeler.
Does your scar affect you?
- do you have restrictions, pain or loss of movement?
- whether it is functionality or confidence, ScarWork can help manage the affects of a scar
- the benefits are long lasting and improvements can be made from the first session
What can ScarWork help with?
- loosening and releasing tight scar tissue to reduce discomfort, sensitivity and pain
- reducing itching (pruritus)
- visual cosmetic changes can occur; scars can become lighter and less prominent
- restoring mobility, improving range of movement and reducing adhesions
- tightness in surrounding tissues may be reduced
What scars can be worked on?
- hysterectomy and C Section
- surgical scars e.g. knee and hip replacements
- old and new scars - provided they are healed
- post surgical treatment for cancer
Before and After
Before and after 4 sessions
Hip Scar following Arthroplasty Before and after 6 weeks treatment
During and After treatment on a 24 year old scar following surgery